Abs exercises train your pelvis muscles, lower back, hips, and abdomen to work in harmony, which leads to better balance and stability. Whether you are running, doing yoga, or mopping the floor, the necessary motions originate in your core or move through it.
Think of your abs muscles as the strong central connection in a chain linking your upper and lower body.
With these 10 easy abs exercises that really work for female at home, you will be able to strengthen your abdominals muscles faster, achieve your six-pack dreams, and live a healthier and happier life.
How to Use This List of These Abs Exercises That Really Work for Female at Home?
To better use this list of these abs exercises that really work for Female at Home:
- Do each abs workout below for about 45 seconds
- Rest for 8 to 10 seconds in between.
- Try to aim to do anywhere from 15 to 20 reps, but remember that quality always beats quantity.
- Do not worry if your rep count is on the lower end the first couple of times you try this.
- Go moderately, work at your own pace, and do not keep doing anything that causes pain.
- Focus on performing the exercises correctly, not on the number of repetitions, or how quickly you can do them. And do not forget to breathe!
You can always improve. The key is to start and keep going.
For maximum results, perform these best abs exercises that really work for female at home as your part of high-intensity interval training (HIIT). A study has shown that HIIT burned 25–30% more calories than the other forms of exercise.
If you are a runner or thinking to start running, combine these abs workout to your running routine, and you will see amazing changes in your body.
Best Flat Tummy Exercises for Great Female Abs
1- Bicycle crunches
Bicycle crunches are a fabulous way to target the rectus abdominis and the obliques in one straightforward sick- pack abs workouts. They are not only among the best abs exercises that really work for female at home and also best flat tummy exercises for great female abs.
According to a study from the American Council on Exercise, the bicycle crunches are the most effective exercise when analyzing muscle activity in the abdominals.
How to Do Bicycle Crunches
- Lie flat on the floor with your back with your hands back your head and your knees pulled towards your chest.
- Fully stretch one leg while holding the other bent in towards your chest.
- Turn your abdomen toward the bent leg and then switch, straightening the bent leg and bring the unbent leg in towards you.
- Now turn towards the newly twisted knee and hold for three seconds.
2- Basic Crunches
The same study found that simple crunch but on a medicine or balance ball to be the third most-effective best abs exercises that really work – after bicycle crunches, captain’s chair – abdominal workout. The researchers found this abs workout was more targeted to the abs and the best overall exercise.
How to do a basic crunch
- Lie down on your back. Bend your knees and put your arms across your chest. Contract your abs and inhale.
- Exhale and lift your upper body, holding your head and neck relaxed.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
3- Reverse crunch
The reverse crunch is a core abs workout that targets the muscles of the lower abdomen. As a variation of basic crunches, they are not only among the best flat tummy exercises for great female abs but also the best easy abs exercises that really work for females at home. You will be able to strengthen abdominal muscles and will get your dream sick pack faster.
How to do a Reverse crunch
- Lie down on your back and your hands tucked beneath your bum and your knees bent.
- Bring your legs up till they form a 90-degree angle from your torso.
- Perform a pelvic tilt and pull your knees in towards your chest, press and slowly lower to starting position
- Try to aim for 15-20 reps.
4- Superman Exercises
Harvard Health Publishing supported that superman exercises, reverse crunch, and bicycle crunches are also great exercises to help you strengthen core muscles.
Superman’s exercise is perfect for workout your abs and your back. When performing this abs workout, remember to exhale as you raise your arms and legs off the ground. And, then, after a few seconds of holding your core in, inhale, as you lower your arms and legs back down.
How to Do Superman Exercises
- Lie flat face down on your mat or flat surface, with arms outstretched.
- Hold your hands and arms straight throughout the training.
- Elevate your hand and legs 4-5 inches off the ground.
- Stay for 5 seconds, and then reverse to starting position.
Planks are easy and best flat tummy exercises for great female and simple abs exercises that really work for female at home.
How to do Planks
- Get into a push-up form, but hold your weight on your forearms instead of your hands. When you position your body straight line
- Bring and keep your bellybutton into your stomach.
- Stay for as long as you can.
6- Side Plank
This abs workout is for those who have mastered planks and are moving into intermediate exercises.
As you are maintaining your whole body weight at just two points of contact, your abs will require to do more work to keep you stabilized.
How to do Side Plank
- Begin on your side with your feet together and one forearm straight under your shoulder.
- Contract your core and raise your hips till your body is in a straight line from head to feet.
- Keep the position without allowing your hips drop for the allotted time for each set, then repeat on the opposite side.
Sit-ups are very similar to crunches, except you exercise your core strength to bring your upper body towards your knees. In the beginning, you should aim for ten reps at a time. They are great simple abs exercises that really work for female at home and will help you strengthen abdominal muscles.
How to do Sit-ups
- Lie flat on your back.
- Bend your legs and put feet firmly on the ground to support your lower body.
- Cross your hands to opposite shoulders or place them behind your ears, without pulling on your neck.
- Turn your upper body up toward your knees. Breaths as you lift.
- Slowly, lower yourself down, returning to your starting point. Inhale as you lower.
8- Leg Lifts
Leg lifts are also simple best flat tummy exercises for great female abs and best abs exercises that really work for female at home.
How to do Leg Lifts
- Rest on your back with your hands tucked under your butt.
- Absorb your belly button into your spine and lift your legs in front of you at about a 45-degree angle.
- Continue for about a minute and then lower your legs.
9- Flutter Kicks
A Flutter Kick is an exercise that mainly targets the lower abdominal wall. You will practice this type of movement in Pilates, barre and strength training classes.
Flutter Kicks are fun best flat tummy exercises for great female abs and easy best abs exercises that really work for female at home.
How to Do Flutter Kicks
- Lie on your back, and your legs stretched up to a 45-degree angle. Hold your arms straight and in line with the floor, palms facing down. Elevate your head, neck and shoulders slightly off the ground
- Holding your legs stick straight and stuck together with your toes pointed, begin lowering one leg.
- Bring up your lowered leg and lower the other, concentrating on keeping your core engaged.
- Continue the move, shifting between legs.
- Practice about 10 per side.
10- Double leg stretch
The double leg lifts Pilates mat workout is a beneficial abdominal workout, working both the upper and lower abdominals. They are also best flat tummy exercises for great female abs and easy best abs exercises that really work for female at home. You can do leg stretch anywhere and no equipment needed.
How to Do Double leg stretch
- Lie on your back with your knees, turned over your hips and heels together.
- Point your toes outward.
- Elevate your shoulders and keep your arms out on the outside of your legs, palms faced inward.
- Breathe out as you stretch your legs in front of you and bring your arms overhead, palms facing thighs.
- Retreat to starting position.
Now it is time to take action and start your journey to your dream six-packs.
- Complete as many reps as possible of each abs exercise for 45 seconds each.
- Rest for 10 seconds between workouts.
- Repeat the circuit 3 or 4 times, as you desired.
Check out these amazing & best at-home free apps and video workouts for beginners and get results fast.