Kale is perhaps one of the best superfoods that will offer you lots of antioxidants and other nutrients. If you don’t want to eat kale, you can always blend it in a smoothie for a better taste. Of course, to do this, you will need the best blender for kale smoothies.
Several studies examined the health benefits of green vegetables, including kale, containing omega-3 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats, which are beneficial in lowering cardiovascular diseases and heart health.
So, if you want to take your health to the next level by incorporating more kale into your diet, you are in the right place. Here is your complete guide that will help you select an excellent blender for kale smoothies.
Table of Contents
- 1 Can You Blend Kale In a Regular Blender?
- 2 What Should You Look For In A Blender?
- 3 7 Best Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.1 1- Ninja BL770 Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.2 2- Vitamix 5300 Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.3 3- NutriBullet N12-1001 Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.4 4- Ninja 1000-Watt Base Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.5 5- Vitamix E310 Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.6 6- Ninja 400-Watt Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.7 7- Hamilton Beach Blender For Kale Smoothies
- 3.8 Final Thoughts
My Top Picks:
My top pick is the Ninja 1000-Watt Base Blender For Kale Smoothies, which offers the highest value for money.
It is dishwasher-friendly and affordably priced and has a large 64 ounces container.
Can You Blend Kale In a Regular Blender?
You can try to make a kale smoothie in a regular blender, but if it is low-quality, then it will not offer you great results. That is because not all the ingredients might blend correctly as you want them to. Remember that kale has immense amounts of fiber, which is why it is challenging to break it down properly.
You will require an incredible blender that can easily break down the fiber in kale and all the other ingredients you want to add to the smoothie. That is why a regular low-quality blender will not work. You will require one that can easily blend and juice the vegetables so that you can have a smooth mixture.
What Should You Look For In A Blender?
Before we move on to the best blender for kale smoothies, here are the top considerations to keep in mind:
One of the top things you must look for in a blender is a powerful motor that will help you get vegetables and fruits down to a pulp.
Look for a blender with over 600 Watts that allows you to get the preferred kale smoothie quickly.
With more than 1000 Watts, a blender for kale smoothie gives optimal results and proves to be the most efficient, allowing you to create more refined and more homogeneous mixtures.
After all, when you use various ingredients, particularly frozen fruits and vegetables, you will require a powerful motor that can easily crush all of them. You don’t want a blender that leaves pieces and creates a chunky smoothie consistency.
2- Quality Of Blade
Of course, a powerful motor is useless if the blade quality is low and cheap. It is not easy to chop up kale because of the fiber content. That is why you will require a blender with a powerful motor and a high-quality blade that will chop up all the ingredients.
These qualities will ensure that the blender also lasts a long time to come. So, be sure to check the quality and sturdiness of the blade before you purchase a blender.
3- Speed Settings
Also, check the speed settings the blender has to offer. You will find blenders with single speeds to one with various speeds with high and low power. Of course, the speed setting will affect the way the blade is chopping your fruits and vegetables, so keep that in mind.
In addition, you have the option to go for a blender with a pulse feature. You can use this feature for chopping up vegetables and fruits smoothly.
Ensure that you choose a blender that has at least two unique speed settings so that you can create kale smoothies of different textures.
4- Noise Level
There is nothing more irritating than the sound of a blender, mainly in the early morning when everybody is sleeping or when your kids are doing their homework.
Fortunately, most blender manufacturers consider this issue and offer less noisy devices.
5- Container Capacity
Choosing a blender with the most appropriate volume will depend on your daily needs.
- If you live by yourself and only need 1 or 2 cups of kale smoothies per day, pick a compact or a personal blender (20-32 oz) as you can take it on the go or bring it along to work.
A small blender can also be easily stored in the kitchen, helping you keep your living space tidier and larger.
- On the other hand, if you live with family members, kids, or roommates, choose a bigger blender (48-72 oz) to save you time. You will generally need to prepare one smoothie for the entire family.
6- Customer Service And Warranty
When choosing a blender for kale smoothies, customer service, delivery, return, and warranty are essential to look for.
The warranty varies from one company to another; ensure you double-check before buying. And, generally, most companies offer five years, seven years, or even lifetime warranty, and others have only one year for any return or replacement.
I suggest you choose a company that offers a more extended warranty to ensure the durability of your machine.
7 Best Blender For Kale Smoothies
Now that you know some information about kale smoothies and how to choose a blender, here are the three best blenders for kale smoothies you can select:
1- Ninja BL770 Blender For Kale Smoothies
If you want a powerful and sturdy blender with an incredible motor, then you must not look further than the Ninja BL 770. It offers a 1500-watt motor, and it offers you a fast performance to create the best smoothies in no time. The best part is that your kale will easily crush the ice without any hassle.
- Jar of 72 ounces
- Processor bowl of 64 ounces
- A 16-ounce cup
- Auto IQ system, which combines blending, pulsing, and pausing patterns to remove the guesswork while blending.
|– The engine and motor are incredibly powerful |
– Its glass size is ideal for kale smoothies
– You will find neon safety warnings on the blender
– It offers emergency shut-off
– The material is strong and durable
|It can be a little noisy|
2- Vitamix 5300 Blender For Kale Smoothies
Whether you create kale smoothies at home or professionally, the Vitamix 5300 is the best blender for kale smoothies. That is because it will enable you to create a delicious smoothie without any extra hassle. Remember that the price is high, but it only reflects the quality of this blender.
- Aircraft stainless steel blade
- 2.2HP motor
- Warranty pf five years
- 1.8L pitcher
- Control functions
|– It will never create any chunks no matter what ingredient you use |
– The blender is ideal for people on a special diet or professionals
– Cleaning the blender is incredibly easy
– It will easily fit in most kitchen cabinets
– You can also use it to create cookies, desserts, ice creams, soups, and more
|– It will create some noise|
3- NutriBullet N12-1001 Blender For Kale Smoothies
Are you looking for a powerful but cost-effective solution to the best blender for kale smoothies? If you are, it doesn’t get better than the NutriBullet N12-1001, which comes with a travel cup to help you make your smoothies on the go.
It will not take up much space and is convenient to use for kale and other types of smoothies you might want.
- One-year warranty
- Hardcover recipe book
- Mixer system
- 32-ounce cup
|– The construction is high-quality |
– It will liquefy spinach, kale, bananas, blueberries, and more
– The blender is easy to store
– It is also easy to clean
– It can easily pulverize everything
|– Sometimes the unit can become too fast|
4- Ninja 1000-Watt Base Blender For Kale Smoothies
The Ninja 1000-Watt Base Blender For Kale Smoothies is a BPA-free, dishwasher-friendly, and affordably priced container with a considerable liquid capacity of 64 ounces.
One of the issues with this blender for kale is the jar is not as durable, and it is easily cracked and leaks with heavy use. But with its one-year basic warranty, this should not be a big concern.
- It has a 1000-watt motor capacity
- Works well with frozen fruits
- 72oz professional blender jar
- Comes with 6 blade assembly
|– Relatively low priced blender for kale smoothie|
– Best for frozen fruits and vegetables
– It comes with sharp blades
|– The jar is not as durable as expected|
– It appears to easy crack.
5- Vitamix E310 Blender For Kale Smoothies
The Vitamix E310 has a powerful Vitamix engine and ten varying speeds. Furthermore, the Vitamix E310 comes with a self-cleaning function and 4.5 feet cord, and you can take it wherever you want in the kitchen.
More importantly, the Vitamix E310 blender for kale smoothies is easy to clean. You need to fill the container with hot water and detergent, and within 30 to 60 seconds, it will clean itself.
- It offers 10 variable speed modes
- It has a 48-ounce container
- 3 inch (cm) diameter cutting blades
|– It has a self-cleaning option to help you time spent cleaning|
– Good for exercisers, students or busy people
– It comes with blades made of sturdy stainless steel
|– It is relatively expensive.|
6- Ninja 400-Watt Blender For Kale Smoothies
The Ninja 400-Watt Blender for kale smoothies offers superior performance. It crushes and transforms fruits and vegetables into thick and delicious smoothies.
Even with its 400 Watt power, the Ninja 400-Watt blender for kale smoothies will transform ice cubes into crushed ice, perfect for concocting cocktails and other frozen green smoothies.
In addition, it comes with two containers: one 48-ounce pitcher and another 16-ounce chopper bowl. The graduated scale in 100 ml intervals inscribed on it lets you measure the quantities of each ingredient.
- It comes with two containers (48 and 16 ounces)
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe: all parts are dishwasher safe, except the powerhead.
- It offers one manual option to better manage your blending speed
|– It offers high-performance, patented blade technology.|
– Offers pulse technology to ensure consistent results and better control.
– Easy to use, and dishwasher safe
|– It comes with a long power cord that might roll around.|
7- Hamilton Beach Blender For Kale Smoothies
Hamilton Beach blender for kale smoothies is excellent if drinking green smoothies, particularly kale smoothies, is part of your daily habit. It is portable and comes in a compact design, making it the on-the-go best blender for kale smoothies. You can take it wherever you go, at work, traveling, or even at the gym.
In addition, the Hamilton Beach blender for kale smoothies has the On/Pulse button to allow you to make your kale smoothie evenly blended.
It boasts an efficient 175 Watt motor that quickly produces all the power you need to turn kales into pulp. Unlike other personal blenders, the Hamilton Beach blender for kale smoothies comes with sturdy and durable stainless steel blades.
- Durable and high-quality stainless steel blades
- Capacity: 14-ounce blender
- Convenient, one-touch feature blending
|– Easy to clean: both the jar and lid are dishwashers.|
– Portable and easy to carry on the go.
– Compact and excellent for personal use
|– Not for family use|
That was your complete guide to the best blender for kale smoothies and how you can select one in no time. All these blenders are excellent and will offer you something unique depending on what you need. The one you select depends on your budget and preferences.
Whenever looking for a good blender for kale smoothies, pick a robust and powerful blender that you can safely put in your dishwasher.
So, go through our guide and select the best blender of your choice. Once you do, it will help you create delicious smoothies and last a long time to come. Remember to check the price and reviews to make the right decision for your needs.